Bronx Rising Initiative Scholarship
“The Bronx Rising Initiative Scholarship was established to provide two (2) $500 scholarships for matriculated freshman students who are in good academic standing. Eligible applicants must:
- Submit a compelling essay (minimum 500 words) detailing:
1. Their strengths and weaknesses, experiences, and other abilities that have informed their educational goals and long-term career ambitions
2. Their goals after receiving their degree
3. Their history of community service
4. How they will use their degree to give back to this community
Preference will be given to those who resided in the Bronx during their senior year of high school or presently reside in the Bronx. This award is granted without consideration of financial aid or immigrant status"
- Supplemental Questions
- What strengths and weaknesses, experiences, and other abilities have informed your educational goals and long-term career ambitions?
- What are your goals after receiving your degree?
- Describe your history of extracurricular activities?
- How will you use your degree to give back to this community?